Menu

11.24.2014

Fideo Soup with Potatoes| Sopa de Fideo con Papa

     Growing up my Mom and Nanny would make us all kinds of soups to eat.  Inside those soups they would put vegetables for us and man do we all know kids have a hard time eating them.  I remember when it was time for lunch and we were having some form of vegetable soup, we could not get up from the table to go play unless our bowl was finished.  It felt like an eternity trying to chew the sugarless vegetables while watching my cousins skating around the back yard taunting me.  But as I grew up, I learned to embrace them and the good they would do for my body.  One of my favorite soups is Fideo.  This soup would be devoured by me as a child and even requested seconds.  For this segment, I will be showing how to make the soup with some potatoes.  The things you will need are...


  • Fideo Pasta
  • Oil
  • Tomato Sauce or Tomatoes 
  • Garlic 
  • Onion
  • Knor/Chicken broth
  • Potatoes
  • Pot
  • Pan
  • Blender
                      "Alright, let's put it all together." -Rossana Pansino


1. In a pot, add oil and the Fideo pasta. 



2. In the pan, add oil and let heat up on medium heat.


3. Move Fideo around until golden and then turn heat to low.


4. Grab the potatoes (as many as you would like) peel and rinse them.


5. Cut up potatoes into squares or chunks. 



6. Add the potatoes to the pan with oil and let them get golden and lower heat to low.


7. In the blender add your tomatoes (3 or 4) or your 2 cans of tomato sauce.  Add a clove of garlic, a slice of onion and a spoonful of Knor or half a cup of chicken broth and a cup of water.




8. Blend until liquefied (Add salt if desired).


9. Pour blended tomato sauce into pot with Fideo.  


10. Cover with top and raise to medium heat.


11. Let the soup boil.


12. Once boiling, add the chunks of potato (You may add any kind of vegetables you would like in this step).


13. Cover pot and let cook for 20 minutes or until potatoes and pasta are cooked thoroughly.


14. Serve in a bowl. You may add some lemon, queso fresco, tapatio, and top it all off with a rolled up corn tortilla.


Enjoy!

























4 comments:

  1. I love how you make these recepies your own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6/20/2019

    belen u dum ho, how is this her own? my gma use to make this... u uncultured pig

    ReplyDelete
  3. What are the amounts of each ingredient? I'm wanting to make about 8 servings

    ReplyDelete