Menu

8.27.2018

Spicy Spinach Creamy Pasta

     Hello Everyone!
I found this recipe on Pintrest click here one night while I was looking for something to make for dinner. I really wanted to try it out because I enjoy creamy recipes and thought this one would be delicious. I did not have all of the ingredients so I worked with what I had. For the full original recipe, click on the link above. This recipe gives you a creamy tomato Italian flavor which will be a great family dinner. The one ingredient that I really enjoyed and thought made this dish delicious, was the spinach. This plate does consist of a bit of spice so if you will be serving this to the kids, I would just not add the spice ingredient.
The things you will need are...
  • 2 cloves Garlic
  • 1 Onion, small
  • 1/2 tsp Oregano, dried
  • 1/2 9 oz. bag Spinach, fresh
  • 1 can of diced Tomato 
  • 2 can of Tomato paste
  • Penne pasta
  • 1 pinch Red pepper flakes
  • 1/2 tsp Salt
  • 1 tbsp Olive oil
  • 2 oz Cream cheese
  • 1/4 cup Parmesan, grated


1. Bring your water to a boil add a pinch of salt, then boil your pasta.


2. In a skillet, pour in the olive oil then the chopped garlic cloves with the onions.



3. When the garlic and onions are a bit toasted, pour in the diced tomatoes. 


4. Add all of the spices and mix throughly. 


5. Add in the can of tomato paste and cream cheese. Mix and let come to a boil.  


6. Add the spinach and gently mix together. 



7. Add the pasta and mix.


8. Lastly, add the Parmesan  cheese. 


9. Serve.


Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment