Menu

11.12.2018

Stuffing

     I remember when I was young, my family did not have means to have a great extravagant Thanksgiving dinner. Our food would mostly come from food banks or places where they would give free Thanksgiving meals. One of the items that always came in the free meals, is a box of stuffing. My mom made this box of stuffing so delicious it became my favorite part of the entire Thanksgiving meal.  In this post I will share how this stuffing was made with a few ingredients but will be for filling. The things you will need are...


  • 1 box of stuffing
  • 1 cup of butter
  • 1/2 cup of celery
  • 1/2 cup of onion
  • 1 1/2 cups of chicken broth 










1. Heat up a deep skillet and add the butter.


2. Cut up the onion.


3. Cut the celery into some cubes.


4. Pour the vegetables into the melted butter and let cook.


5. After the vegetables are translucent, add in the chicken broth. (My mom uses the broth from a chicken she boils, however you can also use the Knor seasoning). 


6. After it comes to a boil, pour in the dry ingredients. 


7. Cover the skillet and let simmer for 10 minutes.


8. Once the dry ingredients are soft you may serve!


ENJOY!



No comments:

Post a Comment