Menu

4.22.2019

Toasted Salsa using a molcajete

     One of the best recipes that I have learned from my family, is how to make a spicy salsa that can go with any dish. I prolonged sharing this recipe with you all for the simple fact, that I did not have the main tool to be able to make this which is a molcajete. One of my coworkers was going to Mexico for little vacation and asked me if I wanted anything. I jokingly said I wanted one and he actually came back with one! I was so shocked and taken aback, but above all super excited that now I was able to make this salsa! The things you will need are...


  • Salt to taste
  • Cilantro
  • 2 garlic cloves
  • 1/4 of onion
  • 2 small tomatillo's
  • 1 large tomato 
  • 2-4 chile serranos (depending on how spicy you would like it)






1. With a heated flat skillet, add the tomatillo's tomato, chile serrano's garlic cloves and onion to toast. 


2. Flip over the vegetables so all four sides get toasted equally.


3. Once they are all toasted, transfer into the molcajete or the blender. 



4. Using the rock, smash all veggies together until all is mixed thoroughly. Smash to your desired consistency. 


5. Add salt to taste and garnish with cilantro.


ENJOY!


No comments:

Post a Comment